The five main objectives of Qualinet are:
- Development of methodologies to systematically assess the subjectively perceived QoE for multimedia presentations, resulting in reproducible and reliable scores.
- Identification of measurable features which are relevant for the subjectively perceived QoE.
- Development of effective and robust metrics to objectively measure the quality of a multimedia presentation, as perceived by a human observer with emphasis on multimedia communication applications.
- Development of tools for optimization of existing and emerging multimedia systems, products and services, based on the subjective perception of quality as induced by cross-modality, saliency, and masking effects, prevalent in multi-modal content presentation.
- Design and optimization of existing as well as new interaction models between users and content in multimedia systems.